Triple berry blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr06

Reaction score
Just pitched my yeast and triple berry blend underway.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1424997347.440739.jpg

Nice!

I've never done a triple berry blend. My local Stop & Shop had a quad berry that I used the first time and the three other times I used berries for fruit wine (DB) it has been an organic penta berry blend from Costco.

Bill what berries are in the quad? The triple is blackberry, blueberry and strawberry. I tried plain old skeeter pee quite a while ago and just did not care for it. I recently gave in and made 6.5 of the dragon blood. except I reduced the lemon juice by 50%. It seems to change with every bottle, maybe even glass, It seems better at room temp than cold. Have you found that to be true or is it just me.

Looks good. I used a bag once that Kathy made for me out of unbleached muslin. Had a terrible time keeping it wet. It would expand with co2 and not let it excape. I now usually use a mesh bag, much easier to keep down in the wine. The muslin bag was a one time use, had jalepenos in it. Arne.

Bill what berries are in the quad? The triple is blackberry, blueberry and strawberry. I tried plain old skeeter pee quite a while ago and just did not care for it. I recently gave in and made 6.5 of the dragon blood. except I reduced the lemon juice by 50%. It seems to change with every bottle, maybe even glass, It seems better at room temp than cold. Have you found that to be true or is it just me.

The Stop & Shop, I believe, was raspberry, blackberry, blueberry and strawberry.

The Costco 5 berry was cherry, cranberry, blackberry, blueberry and strawberry.

The best DB variation I've tasted (just last night as a matter of fact) was b a blueberry, strawberry, peach blend. Member "geek" gave my wife and I a bottle to try. Wife raved about it. Got that look from her... which I interpreted as "Why can't you make your DB this good?" She did ask me to get the recipe from geek (aka Varis).

Latest posts

Back