Trip to Altus

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbean

Reaction score
Well I just got back from my trip to Altus. All I can say is what a blast. We went to Post,Wiederkehr, and Mount Bethal wineries. Yes, we did tastings, tour and everything.Wiederkehr even gave me 6 cases of empty bottles from the tasting room and have my phone # to call me when they get 20 plus in the back for me to come pick them up. I bought some 2002 Cynthiana from Mount Bethal, White Merlot from Wiederkehr and Ives Noir and Arknasas Sherry fro Post.

The Cynthiana is going to be great in a couple years.

Also I asked about Posts' juices and unfortunatly the boy giving the tour didn't know for sure. He thought they just sulfited.(The boy was a Post, his grandfather owns the winery.) Also from what I saw they had no pasturization equipment.

Chris.

Pics of trip comming!

You must have had the same 5th generation Post boy giving the tour that we had. He didn't know squat. You would think they would educate him at least a little. Not very professional to just keep saying "I'm not sure". At least they have good wines.

Latest posts

Back