topical depression my foot!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepere

Reaction score
Today is Monday. Just got the power back on (lost it friday around noon) had a phone line yesterday for 5 min. and finallyback on this a.m.

Friends of ours lost their boat along with several other boats around Solomon's Island. I mean the boat is GONE!!
smiley18.gif

No damage to the house but, we lost four large trees and lots of branches. We sustained more damge from this "depression" than we did with Isabelle, go figure.

All in all, no one hurt, nothing broken we can't fix, we are blessed.
smiley31.gif

Now, let's make some more wine!!
smiley4.gif

Yikes!!! Sorry to hear about all the destruction around you but glad everyone is safe.

These storms have a unbelievable amount of energy and even when downgraded can do quite a bit of damage. Sorry to hear about the mess and loss of power.

Everyone on the East coast should pay attention to the next storm brewing way out into the Atlantic which will be called "Florence" when it becomes a tropical storm.

Pepere,

I was living in Virginia when Isabelle hit and it was quite a mess. No electricity fory 2 weeks, had to boil water. Then Gaston came and flooded everything. And I thought it was bad here in Texas!!!!

I always feel bad, especially when the big trees go down. Ramona

You won't have that problem when you are in W.Va.....Maybe snowed in at the worst....or best however you look at it!!Edited by: rgecaprock

I feel your pain and these things are totally bizarre and never predictable. Hurricane Katrina went right over my house. I live about 50 miles from New Orleans. I had very little damage. Hurricane Rita struck land about 150-175 miles west of me. It did not have the intensity Katrina did but I have considerable more damage from Rita than Katrina. My power was on within a couple hours with Katrina. Was out over a week with Rita. Thank goodness you are all safe, thats all that matters.

Sorry to hear about the storm damage. Why did you wait till know to work on the wine, you dont need power to make wine. LOL
smiley36.gif

We finally got some good rain today from what was left of hurricane John from the Pacific.

wadewade said:
Sorry to hear about the storm damage. Why did you wait till know to work on the wine, you dont need power to make wine. LOL
smiley36.gif

Just waiting for the Pinot Grigio to clear so I can rack it.
smiley5.gif

I'd start the chard but I'm out of town for a week and don't want to be in the primary if I'm not here to keep an eye on it.
smiley2.gif

Shouldn't complain about the weather. We actually made out fine. It just surprised us as it wasn't suppose to be much. You just never know about these things I guess. Thanks for all of your concern and consideration though. Nice to be back up on line.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back