Top 5 Kits for 2013

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
Lets start this again. I think this helps new people attain success more than any other single factor.

Here's mine;

RJS WS Super Tuscan
CC Showcase Amarone
RJS WS Amarone
RJS EP Sauvignon Blanc
RJS WS Rosso Grande Eccellente

...and my next 5
CC Showcase Barberra
CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo
RJS EP Amarone
RJS WS Syrah
CC Showcase Argentine Malbec

I'll tell you, Geronimo, that is one great line up you have there. I support your list for anyone seeking to make great red wines. I have not tried the EP Sauvignon Blanc and I have no doubt that it would be great. I have had good success with the CC Premium 16 liter line for whites that I have made. However, in a recent newsletter that I receive, I see that the parent company, Vineco, is discontinuing the Premium line.

I just got my Cru RQ 2014 LE Shiraz/Viognier yesterday and will be starting it this afternoon. I have never made a Cru kit. The directions certainly are more vague than other manufacturers. I'm glad I'm not completely green anymore or there would be a LOT of questions.

I see that the parent company, Vineco, is discontinuing the Premium line
I have to wonder if they just aren't selling the premium line. Seriously, since the biggest investment is the aging time, I just can't see gambling on the lesser products when their top shelf products are so good.

So far I mostly made Vineco products, but next year I will move to RJS kits . Nothing wrong with Vineco just to try something different . Not surprised about the CC Premium line because the Legacy , Kenridge Showcase and the CC Premium line are all 16 L kits . First The Kenridge Founders (my favorite ) was discontinued at the top of the line products . Now the CC Premium , and I guess a lower end product will be the next cut .:b

Rjs ep super tuscan x 3
rjs ep cali cab
rjs ep reisling gewertztraminer

Latest posts

Back