Too much air during bottling...shock or oxidized?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Lizzybob

Junior
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
While bottling my RJS Barolo, I used my bottle filler, except for the last couple of bottles. For those, I filled directly from the spigot in my bucket. Lots of air was introduced during this. So, have I ruined these bottles, or do they simply need extra time to get over the bottle shock (extreme as it may be)? :pee
 

surlees

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
246
Reaction score
3
If you've got the proper amount of SO2 (K-meta) in your wine you'll be okay. In addition to killing bacteria, SO2 is also an antioxidant and will protect against small amounts of O2.

Fred
 

Lizzybob

Junior
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the replies! I love responses that are in my favor.
 

Green Mountains

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2009
Messages
879
Reaction score
2
Who knows, maybe by introducing so much oxygen into those last bottles...they may turn out the best.

Such is the mystery of wine.

That being said...don't dump out the other 27 bottles.
 

Latest posts

Top