tiny little wine wanna be

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi,
first off when I decided to try an make wine first off I spent 1 an 1/2 years reading and collecting recipes, then beings I'm disabled, I spent the next year collecting 7 glass carboys, and 6 plastic carboys, three piece airlocks, stoppers, picking an collecting fruits and berries, beings I was spending so much time in the hospital taking my time was do able,, the instead of just reading on here I joined and started asking questions, some dumb questions an some far dumber questions, I also collected up on thump hole gallon an half gallons, I bought chemicals yeast an so on, now once I had all carboys filled except for my 6 an 1/2 gallon for filtering an racking with, on that thank you so much vaccumpumpman,,, so I set there looking at all my carboys sitting there filled up, 2# 14 gallon fermenters and 1# 40 gallon fermenter, so then I got worried, all that alcohol sitting their slowly being turned into wines an meads, so I got to wondering if I'd went to far, so I started reading an looking how many containers some of ya'll have. to my relief I found out I was just a little baby starter, I've read on here people happy the got their 45 carboy, then others with 200 an better. I figured out most all of ya'll are mindless wine makers, and I do mean addicted to making way more wines, your life's goal, for the first time in my life I new I had found my family. the one place I feel I belong here... almost never have I have felt so at ease an at home with total nutts I admire very much...
the lord has blessed me in my downward years. I have no way to honor ya'll all I can say I am the blessed an honored to be among you wine LOVERS,
thank you one an all, you've given someone house bound more an more ever few month, but I have found purpose among you fine and good people in my book, you have allowed me much pleasure I had thought I'd lost for ever, now I have purpose, I'm not a flashy or out going type, but some how people have heard of my meads and wines, I just found out today their is another wine maker near my neck of the woods, and they say I smoke him. I will only give my wine to people whom appreciate it and slowly enjoy it, but as a starter they told me 3# 6 gallon carboys and 1# 5 gallon carboys are on the way to my address, as well as some fruit an berries of concentrate are already being shipped to my place, as a old country boy it makes me feel good to take my neighbors eggs among other things, but somehow I've gotten put in the spot lite of the movers an shakers , so now I can teal raise a few Dexter papered cows a few rabbits to eat, an eggs and then when tired I go into my winery and feel productive again, this site an you people are a great medical help to me,
and as I said THANK YOU ONE AND ALL
Dawg
Richard or Richie
::::::::::::::::::::::

Be just as ready and willing to share what you've learned. There's always someone out there who can benefit :D

you are amazing , I've been blessed by this site, and all the people in it, every thing a person goes to do seems like someone always holds out, but here knowledge is given freely, the only thing I believe is kept from me is where are everybody's wine cellars at? lol
thank you vernsgal
Richard

Wow! I'm glad you found this forum to share your passion

Latest posts

Back