This year's frontenac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikejapan

Reaction score
Well after all the help I received on this forum, I think this years wine will be much better. We left the grapes on the vine longer until the brix was higher and ta was lower and then did mlf after primary and at the last racking in January it tasted very nice. I just want to thank everyone who helped us out and wish you all continued success with your winemaking.

I am hoping this falls crop is better than this past falls. out of close to 100 plants I got enough juice to make one bottle of wine. I call that my $30,000 bottle. Between the land, grapes, tractor, equipment, tools, and chemicals, that is about what I've spent.

Brew and Wine Supply said:
I am hoping this falls crop is better than this past falls. out of close to 100 plants I got enough juice to make one bottle of wine. I call that my $30,000 bottle. Between the land, grapes, tractor, equipment, tools, and chemicals, that is about what I've spent.

I sure hope you have better luck too. My biggest problem this past year was the robins. Even though I wrapped the netting around the vines and tied it on the bottom, they still managed to get in and strip about 10 percent of my 25 vines.

Latest posts

Back