This is Scotty's fault!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
But don't be to hard on him, I'm enjoying another hobby! THANKS SCOTTY!

You and your friends over at DeeJays helped make this possible:

8 Pounds fresh home made Italian Sausage.

20081228_152329_100_2121_Medium.jpg

20081228_152457_100_2123_Medium.jpg

20081228_152641_100_2125_Medium.jpg

20081228_152843_100_2126_Medium.jpg

My wife got me the Kitchen Aid mixer with the grinder and stuffer attachment for Christmas. I have made bread and now Italian Sausage, Kinda medium hot. Tonight we are going to try making butter with it. If it works, I'll post pics of that too.

Yes,..... I would blame Scotty too!!!.......... So It looks like I will not be able to open your posts when I am hungry!!!!
Looks great!!!
smiley20.gif

Man i would have to smoke me up some of them beauties...Great job buddy

oh no...I feel another hobby starting to pop up too! Damn you Scotty and Jobe! Looks great!

It's a lot of fun Dean, you would enjoy it. And it's easier than it looks or sounds when you read about it............. well....... my first batch was anyways.

Next I'm going to try a a dry aged Pepperoni, or a smoked Kielbasa....... or both......

The color and texture look perfect.
We vac pac ours in portions to feed 2. (thats us two

It was a little finely ground for my liking, but I followed the directions that said to course grind, then fine grind. Next time I wont fine grind.

Also added to much Garlic and onion powder. I would fry small samples to taste as I went along, but, having never done this, didn't know how much it melds and that flavor comes out........... ALOT!

All in all though, a great experience.

I did make Butter last night as well. Was quick and easy to do, and is very very good. Highly recommend everyone doing that!

jobe what do you use for the butter? Cindy used to just use a mayonaise jar and shake the stuffing out of it. It only did a small amount at a time, but was quick and easy.

I used heavy Whipping cream, 2 small pints. I used the KitchenAid with the whip attachment. It was done in 2 minutes......

It's has a great flavor and is very white and fluffy.

What would I use for making the more yellow butter? And NO!!!! I'm not buying a cow!

Here's a couple of pics:

20081229_122317_100_2131_Small.jpg
20081229_122134_100_2132_Small.jpg

The natural way to color butter is by using certain breeds of cattle and what they eat. The color comes from carotene. Since that isn't an option for you- enjoy the nice light color or resort to food coloring experimentation.

That looks so good! My husband is threatening to steal my mixer to play.
VPC

jobe05 said:
It was a little finely ground for my liking, but I followed the directions that said to course grind, then fine grind. Next time I wont fine grind.

Also added to much Garlic and onion powder. I would fry small samples to taste as I went along, but, having never done this, didn't know how much it melds and that flavor comes out........... ALOT!

All in all though, a great experience.

I did make Butter last night as well. Was quick and easy to do, and is very very good. Highly recommend everyone doing that!

I only grind once through a 1/2 inch plate and use a sausage stuffer to reduce the mushing effect of stuffing with a grinder.. Seasoning is a tweaking process

There was only 2 plates that came with the Grinder attachement, one is course and the other fine. But even the course is only about 1/4" holes, the fine about 1/8". I'm gonna check and see if there is a courser plate for this attachement. I looked on the Kitchen Aid site and they didn't, and checked Gander Mountain the other night, but didn't know my plate size for sure. I think it's a number 5.

I also don't use a plate for stuffing, just the stuffing plate, which is a plastic peice that is just there to take up the space of the plate and knife.

And then there was Bread! Hot bread or rolls with some fresh home made Butter.............

I love this Machine!

20081229_161024_100_2133_Small.jpg

20081229_161203_100_2134_Small.jpg

20081229_161336_100_2136_Small.jpg

We have a treadmill.............

Right now it's tucked neatly away in the corner of the dinning room........

Soon to be broken out again......

My wife and I always pick a place that we want to visit, then we run that many miles first on the treadmill, and as our reward, we go there!

We're thinking of NYC again........ 567 miles......... we usually start out at 1 to 2 miles a day and end up (on the weekends) at 8 to 12 miles a day............. Might get there my fall...........sigh

Just reading this thread added 10 points to my cholesterol, and it's already high. One of our neighbors has a few milk cows, we end up with a quart of cream per gallon of milk.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back