The Fickle Finger of Weather

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
It's 83 here right now, but there's a chance of snow on Sunday night...
smiley19.gif

I am just NOT ready for this!
smiley7.gif

Snow in Sept!Burr...... I'm with you, I'm wouldn't be ready for that either.

PWP, the weather guys are saying the same thing for me this weekend. Highs in the mid 40's Sunday. It may snow at night but will probably melt during the day. Last year I had 8 inches on Sep. 13th so we are a little late this year.

What's snow
smiley8.gif

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/doms%20pics/?action=view&amp;current=scooter.jpg&amp;refPage=&amp;imgAnch=imgAnch1</A>Edited by: scotty

PolishWineP said:
It's 83 here right now, but there's a chance of snow on Sunday night...
smiley19.gif

I am just NOT ready for this!
smiley7.gif

Where are you getting your forecast????? I haven't heard anything about SNOW...!!!!! Heard 50's and rain....
Rain would be good....even the trees are wilted...terribly dry and I don't feel like watering this late in the season, but things sure need it.
Geezzzz....I just looked at the extended forecast it says 37 and rain by Monday night....that's unpleasent....
smiley18.gif

bilbo-in-maine said:
NW, get those grapes off the vines...

Gee....the Swenson Red are only half red...I just read that they will ripen unevenly, to wait for them....also read that they might not turn all red if the nights are warm...our nights have been cool...so....?...They sure are sweet and juicy....might just cover that vine if we get frost.
The other vine could be ready to pick, but the grapes don't seem as sweet as they should be....that vine seems stunted, fruit was smaller than it's mate and much slower ripening....this is the vine that had yellow leaves last summer, I gave it a good dose of iron at that time...maybe too much...?
So, don't have much left out there to pick....Lots of tomatoes,peppers and melons, but have a big tarp handy to cover the whole row.....
My girlfriend has some grapes left on her vine, but it is next to her house by a lake, so she has a nice place to sidestep the early frosts...
Dread the thought of fall coming....
smiley18.gif

PWP We also have forcast of snow on Sun...I'm pulling my tomatoes tonight, and will hang them in the garage..... I wish I had grapes to worry about.....

scotty said:
What's snow
smiley8.gif

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/doms%20pics/?action=view&amp;current=scooter.jpg&amp;refPage=&amp;imgAnch=imgAnch1</A>
Oh Scotty! You're as evil as that spider in your avitar! I dodged a lot of bullets at work yesterday, maybe my luck will hold.
NW, I got my forecast from the NWS.

It was in the 90's today. The cicada's are buzzing desparately. The AC is working overtime. But the sky looks different here as the seasons "change" I've noticed.....the weather might be pretty mundane and slow to change but the sky does somehow....any other Texansnotice that?

Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

We got rain....finally, sounds like some severe weather this PM when the cold front comes through....then showers for a few days....
It has been so dry, even the Lilacs and young trees had been wilted, this rain will be wonderful for the growing things....but bad for the farmers who want to harvest their crops...
Our clouds look different in the fall....when we get some.

Well, it seams as though I am the only one of us northern folks that is still under the gun. The temp today dropped from 53 to 26 degrees in about 20 minutes and the drizzle of rain turned into wet heavy snow. The white stuff fell for about 3 hours. It wasn't supposed to even startuntil tomorrow morning. Oh well, I've had my week of fall and now it's time for winter.
smiley19.gif

Pete

rgecaprock said:
It was in the 90's today. The cicada's are buzzing desparately. The AC is working overtime. But the sky looks different here as the seasons "change" I've noticed.....the weather might be pretty mundane and slow to change but the sky does somehow....any other Texansnotice that?

Ramona

oh how we suffer with this warm weather
smiley19.gif

We had 3 inches of snow on Sat for about 6 hours. It's extremely cold here, about 31 this am. I was so excited, about the snow I bought some new ski's on Sat.....

I saw people on TV in Montana in the snow....they were wearing shorts and playing snow balls...
smiley1.gif

We had temps in the 80's last week, then the cold front started to arrive...we were suppose to get severe weather, but the tornadoes stayed south...we did get some wind and rain, and the temps are dropping each day.
Went out in the rain this morning and picked bell peppers, hot peppers and more tomatoes [to give away]...will chop and freeze bell peppers for cooking and pickle some Jalapenos....
It was kind of nice out in the rain, been so long since it rained around here, enjoyed hearing the drops on the leaves of the vegtables....did get kind of wet, but was bundled up pretty good.
Might get cold tomorrow night, so will watch the forecast and maybe pick the last grapes and get them juiced.Had hoped we'd squeak by any frost and get to enjoy a long Indian </font>Summer</font>...time will tell....
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back