Thanks to all those "world savers!"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OilnH2O

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all the vets and others who've served our nation over the years, and to those who continue to do so today around the world.

My daughter, now 18, called my parents this morning, who BOTH served in North Africa and Italy in WWII to thank them for "saving the world." She started that when Brokaw's Greatest Generation book came out -- she was very young then, but got the message that they had "saved the world" with their service and that's how she started the conversation. It's now a fun way to remember Armistice/Veterans' Day each year with them. She's old enough now to realize that at their age (both now 87) you can't really thank them enough. She and I were on a college visit this past week, and while waiting in the Omaha airport, a bunch of BDU-clad soldiers (having just landed) all came by and she, without hesitation stood up, clapped and said "THANK YOU!"

I thank all of you who have served, and I'm sure you all have special people to thank today as well!

Latest posts

Back