Thanks, Ron22, for the wine pairing!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garymc

Reaction score
Missouri has a wine passport program where you visit wineries around the state and get your passport stamped and then at the end of the program you receive a prize corresponding to the number of wineries visited. Ron22 heroically visited enough wineries (40) to win a wine pairing at Chaumette Winery near Ste. Genevieve, Mo. He was kind enough to invite me and my wife, Doug of Beer and Winemaking Supplies in Hillsboro and his wife, and Ron's friend Cal and wife from Minnesota on Saturday, the 17th. We had 5 courses of various dishes each paired with one of Chaumette's wines.

I think I'll participate in the Passport program next year. Thanks again, Ron.

Sounds like a good time!!

Sorry I couldn't make it Ron :( But thanks for the generous offer...

I see they have the new rewards for the Passport
http://www.missouriwine.org/passport-program-2013/
NEW Passport Levels and Rewards for 2013:
Level 1—10 winery visits
Reward: Official certificate
Level 2—30 winery visits
Reward: Private/VIP tour and wine tasting for 8 people at a participating winery
Level 3—60 winery visits
Reward: Wine and Food Experience for 10 people at a participating winery
Level 4—100 winery visits
Reward: Exclusive Century Club Dinner; includes VIP, red carpet event for passport participants (and one guest per participant) with winemakers and industry experts in attendance. To be held on a pre-determined date in early 2014

Plus they made it made it much harder to cheat. No I did not cheat but I understand that it was a problem.

Latest posts

Back