THANKS FOR THE RAIN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Gee...you guys all said you'd send some rain....Thanks..it's been great....Like they say..."Be careful what you wish for"

Had been raining to the west of us for days...and it finally got here yesterday PM...

heavyrainSmall.jpg

By this morning we had 3.51 inches....we left for a long road trip and came home to probably over 2more additionalinches [we read the gauge in the morning for tabulations]...now...there are strong thunder storms on the way once again...will give a tally tomorrow...rain in the forecasts too.

Thanks for the rain we wished for and you said we could have...now take some for yourselves.

Went half way across North Dakota today...flooding everywhere....Look what we brought home...There's a new bitch in town.

PuppySmall.jpg

That corn may just be knee high by 4th of July. Hopefully the wine garden will produce enough to keep you busy all fall and winter!

Great pics of the rain. Makes me want to grab a glass of wine and watch it rain.

Regarding the new bitch, how could you refuse those eyes?
smiley19.gif

preciousI tell youjust precious, what breed is she?I love the scarf, she looks like a wine connosieur
smiley20.gif

Last year we couldn't get rid of the rain. This year it comes very grudgingly. More of a normal pattern for us here. The storms are again splittitng around the mountain as usual. It's part of the reason it is in my opinion a great place for grapes here. It gets hotter and is drier than many northeast locations. When they located the AFB here in the 50's a big part was because of the high percentage of weather free days. Now if it doesn't take it to the extreme and get TOO dry. I've been watering the new vines for days now.

Yes...a Blue Heeler...aka...Austrailian Cattle Dog...she will be our 6th...had that breed since 1984...they were great when we had livestock and a little harder to handle without a 'job' for them...but give them plenty of room and exercise and they are good compaions...kind of head strong, very tough.

NW, you must be getting the storm that went through here 4 days ago. I think our drought is finally over. Cute pup.... Looks like someone had a dandy choke hold on her.......

That storm was stalled over Montana and The Dakotas and stalled over us...6.37" in 36 hours....on top of lasts weeks rain and more on the way...The drought is over....maybe.

92* here in southern Princess land, would be nice to get some of that to break the heat.

Itll take a few days cause those are some steep demands but Ill muster up something for you guys.
smiley4.gif

Wade...so...now when you get rain does your basement stay dry??? Been wondering about that after all your hard work.

That must be some rain dance you do Wade, Nice showers this A.M., a cool 66* compared to 92* yesterday, with thunder storms forcasted rest of the day.

No problem JW, now its time to send some over to appleman and scotty.
NW, we had a good few days of heavy rain 1 1/2 weeks ago and the only
sign of any water in the house was that I heard the pump run a few
times.

I just put one of my motorcycles into the driveway for maintenance. Its in pieces now. If it rains today Wade
smiley7.gif

smiley3.gif
Some appreciation after all that dancing eh??????
smiley36.gif
Edited by: scotty

Still could use some rain here in Florida. Too darned hot and humid to go out between 2 p.m and 6 p.m.

Back