Testing Multiple Carboys of same wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocco

Reaction score
I have six 5 gallon carboys full of the exact same wine. Do you guys test each carboy for MLF, acid, sulfite, pH, etc or do you test one and assume all are doing pretty much the same thing? Seems like a pain to have to treat each one like its own batch.

I have six 5 gallon carboys full of the exact same wine. Do you guys test each carboy for MLF, acid, sulfite, pH, etc or do you test one and assume all are doing pretty much the same thing? Seems like a pain to have to treat each one like its own batch.

I personally would test them individually, especially for MLF

It really does not take that much longer to test several vs 1 if you have all the equipment set up

If it was all from one big batch I would treat it as the same in the beginning. You will have to test them individually for complete brix reading and also separately for mlf completeness. You would also want to test them independently for S02. Bottom line, after initial yeast inoculation I would test each one.

I always treat them seperate... One may get a problem the others don't....

Latest posts

Back