Tamarillo wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaWa

Reaction score
Hi All!
Anyone ever made tamarillo wine. I have just thawed 6 kg of pulp, added campden and I'm gonna wing it through the next stages. Any hints, recipies?
Thanks from sunny tropical fabulous NZ !!!!!!!

Hello there! I was wondering if this turned out any good. I would imagine it could be a decent sweet wine, maybe a bit sour for a drier wine though?
Thanks for any info!

Hello there! I was wondering if this turned out any good. I would imagine it could be a decent sweet wine, maybe a bit sour for a drier wine though?
Thanks for any info!
That poster hasn’t been around since 2012. Just tap on that person and you’ll get that kind of info.

Welcome to WMT by the way.

Thanks for any info!
Welcome to the forum!

I grew them last year with the intention of making wine. Perhaps Ohio isn't the best growing climate. I had a good yield, unusual fruit flavor, sweet, mildly acidic, followed by an intense bitterness I didn't care for. Decided against doing wine

@Kevin J, @BigDaveK is the poster child for "I can ferment that". Any time anyone mentions making wine from something unusual, his name is typically invoked.

Dave is a font of useful information. Next time I make strawberry wine, I'm going to make a small amount of hibiscus flowers, as strawberry wine is usually very pale and hibiscus is intensely colored. It's a natural way to adding color to any reddish colored fruit.

Back