Taking the leap.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$25 here, and $35 if you want them fully refurbed.

So I've got my beer in a refurbed cornie. Have the 5lb co2 tank and regulator set up for dispensing, used sugar to carbonate. Now I just need a way to dispense without breaking my wallet.
Here is my challenge for you established beer guys.
What's the most economical way to dispense my beer without sacrificing quality, not dispensing all foam or not having a decent head at all.

grab you a party tap and about 5=6 feet of 3/16 tubing along with the appropriate connector (ball or pin lock). Make sure the 3/16 tubing is the thick walled beer line, not the thin walled tubing. That will hold you till you get a faucet and drill a hole in the door of your fridge (kegerator)

Party taps are also called Cobra taps in some stores. Also, since you carbed with sugar prepare for the first few pints to be really cloudy.

I agree with them above and thats all I use, I have 4 kegs in my fridge downstairs all with Cobra (Picnic) taps and they work just fine. I would use at least 8' of hose per keg as the short hoses have no resistance and youll usually just pour foam. I have 10' per keg and just coil it around.
Picture001-5.jpg

Thanks for the information. I'll be placing and order soon. Really wish George carried the supplies.

He will be carrying this stuff any day now! He stated in his other post that he will be getting them in June so maybe give him a call or a pm to find out when.

I forgot to mention the clamps for the tubing to keep it from leaking.

wade said:
He will be carrying this stuff any day now! He stated in his other post that he will be getting them in June so maybe give him a call or a pm to find out when.

I agree with Wade on giving George a call. He'll also let you know if you need anything else you might be missing.

Latest posts

Back