Taking My Label Making To A New Level

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I'm just all a twitter......It's going to be here tomorrow !!!!!
smiley4.gif

Your order from the HP Home &amp; Home Office Store is on its way! Your chosen shipping method is standard 5-7 business days<SUP></SUP>. You can use the tracking numbers below to check your order status. Please retain packing lists for your records and mail-in rebates.

We have built your order number H102294917 to the following specifications:

- HP Pavilion a6250t PC
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E4600 (2.4GHz)
- 3GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024,2x512)
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, DVI-I, TV-out, HDMI
- No Modem
- 320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
- LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
- 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1394, 2 USB, audio
- ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner, remote
- Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
- No additional security software (60-day Norton Internet Security trial)
- Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
- HP wireless keyboard and HP wireless optical mouse
- HP Pocket Media Drive bay

We will deliver it to:

<TABLE>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Walter J James</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>2270 Helmich Dr</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Benton, AR 72019</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

To purchase any additional products, please visit the HP Home &amp; Home Office Store. To get your order status, click on the link above. To see our return and exchange policy, please click here.

We hope your visit has been enjoyable. Come back soon!

HP Home &amp; Home Office Store

Here's Waldo's PC
a6250tseries_300.jpg

Well that looks snicker'n snot Waldo! It should last about...... oh....... 6 months before it's outdated
smiley36.gif
At least it seems that way sometimes doesn't it. When I think about what I ran even 10 years ago, I'm amazed how far we have come..... but do they really run that much faster today? But what they do is amazing.

Great going and good luck with it!

Edited by: appleman

Waldo that unit ought to be faster than greasedlightning. With a fast printer your label making might keep up with your wine making.
smiley36.gif
Enjoy.

Now thats a nice computer! 320 gigs, thats a lot buddy. I have about 14 of these but I store movies on them and each 1 takes up 4.36 gigs or less. Plus I have about 65 gigs of music. Do you keep music or the such that you need this massive hard drive?
Edited by: wade

Wade you would love my one server. It has a terrabyte of drive space in a raid array. You can lose a drive and it keeps on a ticking until you replace the bad one and it repairs itself on the fly. I probably have a bit of overkill in my single man office. Three severs and 4 workstations. They run 4 versions of the same program so I can open older house plans without needing to change anything. And then there are the computers in the house - 5 of them in there. The youngest just got his new one-better last a while Dell 2.66 Duo Core with 4 gig memory, Vista Premium, just a 250 gig HD, DVD drive, 512 MB nVidia 8600GT video card and a 20 inch "free" flat panel monitor. It came with a cheap laser printer and Works 8.5 for homework. Now his big brother the computer geek is jealous.

I have motives for getting him this powerhouse. He is an artitist guy. The kid does pencil drawings to rival some pretty good artists. He loves 3-d modeling of game characters and is pretty darned good with Autodesk 3-DS Max. His big brother helps teach him the basics and he just does it naturally. His computer gave up on him in October and he wanted one for Christmas. I got it for him about November 15 and he patiently waited for it until Christmas.

That server would be nice as i have to switch out a hardrive if that movie is on another drive but that takes no time at all. My desktop is about 7 years old but it works great(knock on wood). It was top of the line at the time and we had to replace the old 21 monitor with a 19" flat panel early last year and that leaves me a lot more room on my desk. Other than that i have 2 Compaq Presario Duo Cores with XP as I didnt want the newer Windows so I had to search around quite a bit to get it without that. Works for me just fine. Just need to get rid of this stupid new router as its slower than the older 1 that crapped out. Im hoping that ATT comes in my area very soon with Uverse and then Ill switch back to them with all my services and get their free wireless router and modem in one.

Waldo, looks like a great system, bet your like a kid on his birthday, cant wait to get home!

PeterZ said:
Dang, apple. That's one heavy setup. RAID 1 or 5 or 10?

Just a simple RAID 5,RAID 1 is just mirrored drives. I've used them in the past, but when one goes down it's a pain having to replace the drive and wait for the mirrors to rebuild. Much more seamless with RAID 5.

rem1 said:
Waldo that unit ought to be faster than greasedlightning. With a fast printer your label making might keep up with your wine making.
smiley36.gif
Enjoy.

Waldo, you got us concerned! With all that speed you will be looking for fast wine aging too! And, without a modem NW is right. You won't be able to keep in touch!
smiley2.gif

Have fun!Edited by: Jack on Rainy

Man!! You young guys sure lost me with those computers. There's not enough space left in my head for all that tech talk. I'll just stick with my little old laptop!!!!

hannabarn said:
Man!! You young guys sure lost me with those computers. There's not enough space left in my head for all that tech talk. I'll just stick with my little old laptop!!!!

Is that the same as DSL wireless ?
smiley36.gif

That's it Waldo!! Do they have that in Arkansas already???

Edited by: hannabarn

OK folks......Im off here for and going to start the install of the new puter here in a bit so i may be off line for a while till I get it all set up and all my files/settings transferred from old computer

Well, thus far it has been slow and frustrating.....Not sure if I am going to like this Vista. Not much I had on my other system will run on it. My Broadband wireless adapter (2Wire)would not work and had to buy a new one to get online. My Print Shop, Nero, Showbiz, and many other programs will not run on Vista......Bought a Belking easy transfer usb cable to transfer a lot of my files and settings from my old system to the new one and so far it has not done crapola except to keep giving me error messages .....But im going to hang in there and keep plugging away for a while longer before i pack it all up and ship it back to HP or make them send me the XP operating system,

Sorry to hear things aren't going well Waldo. I don't dare upgrade my main workstation yet- I certainly don't want Vista. I had been toying with getting a Dell Quadcore system with at least 4 GB memory and dual nVidia Quadro 1700 cards. If I do get it,I will use Windows XP 64 bit Professional.

Latest posts

Back