SURVEY: How do you prefer to use Multiple Yeast Strains in a Batch?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you end up using Multiple yeast strains on Batches?

• Mixed Fermentation

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Ferment separately, then blend post fermentation

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Stagger the addition of each strain

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Will see how this mix works out, my thoughts are this wine will not only be flavorful it will also have good body and decent ABV. will see. even with the downsizing. time to learn.

But we are talking about wine kits and the manufacturers tend to be in collusion with many of their customers (many of them, not all) who may be more interested in drinking the wine than in making it and the instant gratification that our culture has encouraged tends to suit the manufacturers who can then entice those customers to buy another kit when they see their empty buckets calling them to refill them with another wine kit that can be ready for drinking in 4 weeks

Sorry I thought we were talking about adding two different yeast in the same batch and that wine kits are coming out with 2different yeast included with the mix.

Sorry I thought we were talking about adding two different yeast in the same batch and that wine kits are coming out with 2different yeast included with the mix.

Exactly, But this is one and the same: the kits seem to be enclosing two different strains of yeast and the question is why when kits are aimed as much for novice wine makers as for more seasoned vintners and whether there is any value, anyway, in using both...

I'm doing the Fiero kit now, added both types of yeast at same time. It is working like crazy. Hope all the oak doesn't over power the taste. Gonna
let it sit for about 6 months before trying some of it.

Back