Super Kleer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vscottcolorado

Reaction score
2 Weeks ago I used 2 Super Kleer packson 1-6.5 gal. and 1-6 gal batch of Skeeter Pee. It has yet to come close to clearing. Can I try another pack inboth?

I would first look at what might be the reason it did not clear. I did two batches one took close to a week to clear and the other took 12 hours. Did you degass them real good? What is your temp? Ensure they are degassed and your temp is in the mid 70's. Then try clearing again.

There must be another issue such as pectin haze that is doing this. Is it more of a haze?

I recently had a Peach wine that was exactly as you stated and went and bought some SuperKleer but right before I was going to add it I changed my mind and did what usually is what others say not to do and filtered it and it came out clear as day with no problems with the filter. Typically you are really only supposed to filter an already clear wine but this wine was right at one year since fermentation was done and at that point I didnt want to use a fining agent. What Id try is to filter it!

As of right now I only have the cheap gravity filter and they just say filter pads so I really dont know what they are the equivalent of.

Latest posts

Back