SUPER-KLEER K.C.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Wow!!! What is this stuff that works so great???? Had seen a post somewhere about it, couldn't find where that post was, so just tried it on our Raspberry/Apple Wine. Very impressive.

Photo one, taken Jan.6th, with the sun shinning through it.
2006-01-08_141241_Before.jpg

*Been tasting it, notice drools on side of carboy...[what a slob]

Photo two, taken Jan 8th, no sun shinning today, used a 1M candle power spotlight.

2006-01-08_141636_After.jpg

It sure cleared nicely.Not much for info on the label, so have a few questions for all the brains here on the Forum.....
Will there be any changes in the flavor??? [Guess I should taste for myself]
When can we bottle it???? [It is stable, been setting awhile,waiting to clear]
Does it have to sit awhile longer???
Should we rack it to a clean carboy and let it sit more, or is it done????

This stuff is very reasonably priced, like about the cost of a filter pad....how do you all feel about this SUPER-KLEER K.C.
2006-01-08_142304_icon_question.gif
Thanks!!!!

Stirred it in 2 days ago...should I stir again??? I could add some other Raspberry/Apple wine to it....was thinking it was time to bottle it....NOT??? Been tasting it lately...yum-o!!!
smiley17.gif

I think you should cover it up and forget about it for a while.

Anyone? What's the clear time on Super Kleer? I don't have a package to reference.

I agree with PWP top it off good, cover it and let it alone for ~3 weeks and then should be ready to bottle...no need to rush it.

Almost no info on the package of SUPER-KLEER K.C., just kind of followed the basic steps they showed.
These were fall bearing raspberries, didn't have the intense flavor and color of the summer variety, but the wine should be good.Added more apple juice to make up for the lack-luster berries, so has a bit different color than the last batch.
Think I'll open a old bottle of Apple/Raspberry and give the carboy a taste too....Thanks guys!!!!
smiley4.gif

One thing I have found out about country wines. I make about 8 different kinds each year. I have found that about a month or two after you stabilize they keep throwing off some sediment. I have seen wines that were bottled, say, 3-4 weeks after Super Kleer and they have sediment in the bottles after bottling. So now, I let them sit at least two months after super kleer, which comes about a week or so after stabilizing and sweeting.

Hal

I have yet to use any thing to clear my country wines except a regimen of racking and will not bottle until there is absolutely no more sediment falling

Waldo said:
I have yet to use any thing to clear my country wines except a regimen of racking and will not bottle until there is absolutely no more sediment falling
Thanks everyone for your input.
I am kind of like Waldo, just kept racking till this batch. I see everyone filtering and using clearing agents, so thought I'd give this a try. Seems it still has to sit awhile according to replies...so will wait on this batch too.
Was good experiment tho, was impressed with how fast it worked, but if it still has fall-out...makes you wonder. ???
2006-01-09_160035_icon_question.gif

PWPrincess.....you mentioned to 'cold stabilized' with SUPER-KLEER K.C....and it wasn't a good experiment...what happened???
2006-01-09_160035_icon_question.gif

Latest posts

Back