Sulfur smell in wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turock: Read some of my posts, I have and do strongly advocate the use of stepped in nutrients, at proper timing and slow fermentation, on many occasions.

I got my Reduless today and want to try it out BUT...I dont have a gram scale! It calls for .5 grams per gallon. Can anyone tell me a standard measurement that will work? Thanks I'm impatiently waiting so hurry up!!! LOL Ken

I went about measuring this different. Out of a 30 gram package I got 88- 1/8th tsp's. I figure that 3/8th is approx. 1 gram. Since the directions say to use .4-.6 grams per gallon, and I'm doing 5 gal, I figure that 2 1/8th tsp's should be OK. Anyone think different? Thanks

I went about measuring this different. Out of a 30 gram package I got 88- 1/8th tsp's. I figure that 3/8th is approx. 1 gram. Since the directions say to use .4-.6 grams per gallon, and I'm doing 5 gal, I figure that 2 1/8th tsp's should be OK. Anyone think different? Thanks

I think I come up with a different number. There is some room for confusion in discussing this in writing, so I will try to be very explicit.

You say you got "got 88- 1/8th tsp's" out of a 30 g. bag. I take that to mean you scooped your 1/8 tsp measure 88 times. This is supported by your surmise that 3/8 tsp is about 1 g.

If you want 0.5 g/gallon, and you have 5 gallon, you want 5gallon*0.5 g/gallon = 2.5 g.

To get 2.5 g, you would need 2.5g * 3/8 tsp/g = 0.9375 tsp, which can also be expressed as 7.5 scoops of a 1/8 tsp measure.

Another way to arrive at the same number is to say (2.5 g/30 g)*88 scoops = 7.33 scoops of a 1/8 tsp measure.

If it seems to you that I have misunderstood some of your original info, please let me know.

Sourgrapes, That is the number I came up with also-7.5 scoops. I dont know how I came up with 3- 1/8th's making a tsp. I should never drink wine while trying to do math! LOL I "WILL" use 7.5- 1/8th tsp scoops! Thanks for the correction.

Latest posts

Back