Suggestions for Topping Up?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just-a-Guy

Reaction score
OK, sorry, this is kind of a blunderbuss question. But I have three simple, first-effort fruit wines going now - a grape (grocery store grape juices), a pear (Vintner's Harvest, with an f-pack), and a DB (variation). All are fully fermented, in secondaries for 2-3 weeks (with Bentonite), and ready to rack for stabilization and backsweetening.

However, I didn't plan well and don't have any more "extra" for topping up. So I am think of topping up with some commercial wines (won't require more than 1-3 cups - 1 on the DB, 2 on the grape, 3 on the pear, guessing).

Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking Viognier on the pear, Beaujolais on the grape, white zin on the DB?

TIA!

mark

suggestions-topping-up-47920/#post542831

Hi,
I remember asking about my Dragon Blood(original) and was told to top off with a white zinfandel(which I did). I would suppose it would depend on the variation. Of that, I am not well versed.

If I am misinformed, others will jump in.
Corinth

Maybe use the pear to top up the other two. Rack the pear that is left down to a smaller carboy, jug, bottle, whatever itfits in. Only problem with this is pear tastes so good, hate to waste it on a top off. Reason for using the pear is it is pretty light and the flavor shouldn't come thru the other two. Arne.

I topped mine with white zinfandel also...

Latest posts

Back