Stuck @ 1.010

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
I made a batch of SP 4 weeks ago using the recipe below. I followed the method in the original recipe. It fermented actively for about two weeks. It slowed way down and stopped 3 days after I added the last bit of lemon juice. I think I killed the yeast by adding kmeta. I whipped in some oxygen and splash racked it into a new carboy after it slowed down. Added another dose of yeast nutrient and yeast energizer. I tried warming it gently from 68 to 75 degrees without a noticeable change.

2.5 bottles lemon juice.
2 12 ounce cans Old Orchard White grape Raspberry concentrate in the primary
sugar to reach 1.080 SG
3/4 tsp tannin
6 tsp yeast nutrient
2 tsp yeast energizer
Added Water to make 5.5 gallons

It sat for 2 weeks with no change from 1.010. It tastes ok at the moment. Pretty good for something this young and without any fining. Should I try and restart the fermentation, or just clear it and stabilize. I can run it through a .5 micron filter to remove any yeast. I hope that will prevent it from restaring fermentation on it's own.

I oboviously wont backsweeten this batch. It should be about 9% alcohol.

Also the ph is 3.1. Should I add anything to raise the ph a bit or just drink it as is? It's a little tart.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back