"Sticky" Wine Diamonds from WE Luna Rossa Kit == Carboy Workout!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phat

Phacilitator of Basement Phermentation.
Reaction score
I did this kit last year and had it bulk aging for about 6 months. As it happens, last weekend, I did a bottling run, and Bottled an Amarone and a Meritage blend that had been sitting for 14 months or so. Took a taste of this one, decided it was good and bottled it too..

I've had Wine Diamonds from most better red kits I age a long time. I wasn't really expecting them from the Luna Rossa (I only made it because I got it really cheap) but they were there.. Unlike the other instances they were "sticky" - and present on bottom and sides after about 5 months in the carboy. I'm used to having to scrub a carboy after chunky fruit stuff in it, but I just had a real workout with the brush after soaking the carboy in tsp solution for a week, I did manage to get it clean but was curious if any of the better educated are savvy on what might make crystals behave stubbornly like this instead of their "usual" swish swish and away...

Oh, and the wine tastes fine.. Better than fine actually, It was good enough on the taster that I bottled it earlier than I normally would, and I really enjoyed drinking the split.

Back