Cellar Craft Sterling syrah into port.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I also did not add the full amount of water needed. I didn't want to to get too crazy and fry the yeast

Understood. I had interpreted "not quite to the 23 L mark" as something in the high 22's. Guessing that it was significantly lower though.

I should have clarified. Also I should note; it's a perfect 70 degrees in my garage and I also added 2 tsp of wine tannin powder. As we say in the army lol, yum yum, get some. (General this is said firing a .50 bmg machine gun not making wine lol)

Ok last night I stabilized the wine adding all clarifies, enzyme blend, and sorbate. After stabilization, I fortified it with 2 1.75 liters of e&j vsop. I let it sit overnight. This morning I started adding simple syrup to the wine for back sweetening it. A total of 2 cups of sugar to 2 cups of water. . At the moment all I can say is, I'm in love! It's going to be good. Really really good. I can't wait until I introduce it to my barrel!

Latest posts

Back