starting....yesterday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croppy

Reaction score
ok so the reisling went in the primary yesterday and is bubbling nicely today. starting s.g. was 1.076, hope all goes good.

-dan-

its from the winexperts kit. i wanted to do a merlot but my wife and mom both wanted reisling so they won

-dan-

its the reserve kit (the cheap one lol) first real try at wine so didnt wanna spend the big bucks yet

Thats fine, the whites wines are ok in the cheaper kits, just dont expect too much if you try a red wine kit in these cheaper sizes. If looking to make red wines get the premium kits and expect to let it age about 8 months minimum for something decent to excellent and yes they can make an excellent wine. Before purchasing some of these do ask us our opinoins as weve made just about all of them!

checked the s.g. today it was at 1.010 racked to secondary, things are moving along nicely (i suppose).

-dan-

Your wife and mom wanted a white but you wanted a red and compromised. I hear ya, I'll start anything that my wife approves write now. I just want to make wine.

Latest posts

Back