Starting two new wines soon...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crushday

grape juice artisan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just placed my "pick up" order from Wine Grapes Direct for seven 5 gallon pails of 2019 Livermore Merlot Frozen Grape Must

Livermore Valley, California
Brix 25.4, pH 3.78, TA .55
Harvested October 11th, 2019

And, seven 5 gallon pails of 2019 Livermore Cabernet Sauvignon Frozen Grape Must

Brix 25.7, pH 3.7, TA .59

I pick up the frozen pails on Saturday, May 9th. I'll have to drive to Portland, Oregon which is a couple hour drive but I save a ton of money on shipping and packing.

I'll immediately begin thawing them upon pickup and start the cold soak.

More later...

Nice! And big score on saving the shipping costs. I’ve done a few wine grapes direct batches and they’ve provided quality product. I opened a bottle made from their Calistoga cab sav tonight.

Cheers,
Johann

That’s great, Johann. I’m going to have two 15 gallon French oak barrels and a 13.2 gallon Hungarian open in June. I should get a minimum of 42 gallons of wine and just enough to fill all three barrels. The Hungarian will be a blend of the two wines.

The price of the pails comes in right about $8 a bottle when you consider the bulk purchase and the saved dollars on shipping.

keep us up-to-date
I just placed my "pick up" order from Wine Grapes Direct for seven 5 gallon pails of 2019 Livermore Merlot Frozen Grape Must

Brix 25.4, pH 3.78, TA .55

And, seven 5 gallon pails of 2019 Livermore Cabernet Sauvignon Frozen Grape Must

Brix 25.7, pH 3.7, TA .59

I pick up the frozen pails on Saturday, May 9th. I'll have to drive to Portland, Oregon which is a couple hour drive but I save a ton of money on shipping and packing.

I'll immediately begin thawing them upon pickup and start the cold soak.

More later...

I've had some great wines out of Livermore. A Cab Franc out of there won the Sweepstakes award (best red wine over all entries) at the SF Chronicle one year.

Since you are willing to drive to Livermore, if you make a left turn, you'll be in my neck of the woods (placer county). If you would like some Cab Franc grapes this season, I can hook you up. If you don't have a destemmer, I could run it through mine before you head back to Oregon. PM me if interested.

I've had some great wines out of Livermore. A Cab Franc out of there won the Sweepstakes award (best red wine over all entries) at the SF Chronicle one year.

Since you are willing to drive to Livermore, if you make a left turn, you'll be in my neck of the woods (placer county). If you would like some Cab Franc grapes this season, I can hook you up. If you don't have a destemmer, I could run it through mine before you head back to Oregon. PM me if interested.

If you would like any of the following varietals from Livermore please PM us:

Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Pinot Noir
Sangiovese
Chardonnay
Sauvignon Blanc

Latest posts

Back