STARTING TEMPERATURE??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA-BOY

Reaction score
This has been covered I'm sure, but, since I am a beginner, please tell me what temp. can it remain to ensure proper ferm. I will be using a bathtub that we do not use. Also, I do not run the heat all day to keep the house warm. I'm guessing that the temp varies from 60-75. By the way I live in louisiana and I'm sure everyone knows that the temp. swings can be very volitile this time of year. Last week we had our first snow in quite a few years and in 3 days I had to run the a/c . Thanks for any info. la-boy

I would try to keep it around 70* Once fermentation starts the fermentation itself will raise the temp of the wine by around 5* depending on if its a real vigorous fermentation or just a mellow 1 Take the temp periodically to know where its at.

Make sure your bath tub actually seals entirely at the drain. The only one that I think does that is the top with the rubber stopper at the bottom. The only reason I say this is because most drains on bath tubs are not completely water tight, they hold enough to keep water in while you use the tub. You could just check your by filing it up with water, mark the water level, let it sit over night and check in the morning. If it didn't go any lower then you have a good tub (assuming its hooked up to plumbing at all :). I just don't want to see all your wine go down the drain, lol I make myself laugh.

Scubaman2151

Latest posts

Back