StarSan question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you use distilled water it can keep for months. According to Five Star it is good as long at it is at a pH of 3 or below.

You'll know it's bad if it goes cloudy. But if you use distilled water, as recommended, it will keep for a long time. I mix it in 2L pop bottles with RO water and 3.2ml of starsan from a syringe (recommended ratio). Keeps for a long, long time.

Learned recently if you soak corona bottles and similar bottles with painted labels in it at the normal ratio for 24 hours it will let you remove the paint with a scrubby easily. Nice trick!

You'll know it's bad if it goes cloudy. But if you use distilled water, as recommended, it will keep for a long time. I mix it in 2L pop bottles with RO water and 3.2ml of starsan from a syringe (recommended ratio). Keeps for a long, long time.

Learned recently if you soak corona bottles and similar bottles with painted labels in it at the normal ratio for 24 hours it will let you remove the paint with a scrubby easily. Nice trick!

I dont think the thing about it going cloudy is true as Star san will go cloudy in my water in about 20-30 minutes and its still just fine as the PH is 3 or below(tested) Also i have some in a jug right now and its cloudy just tested ph and is under 3.

It's true; if it's cloudy it's not effective. Get some distilled water to mix it with; your water is too hard.

Listen to the podcast on brew strong where they interview the guy from Five Star Chemicals for all you'd ever like to know about StarSan. Or just google 'cloudy StarSan' for more information.

Latest posts

Back