Square Copper Non stick pan opinions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cintipam

Reaction score
I am always amazed by the level of culiinary and chemical analysis skills this group has, so thought it would be a good place to ask for opinions on these pans. My main concern is knowing that copper when combined with wine releases a lot of copper. I ran wine thru copper pipe once to remove mercaptans and wound up with wine so high in copper it was not safe to drink. Wouldn't the standard practice of deglazing a pan to make a sauce cause the same excess copper leach into the food?

I'm seeing these pans advertised at places like Ollies so cheap I'm tempted to try one.

Pam in cinti

We looked into some copper stuff a while back when we were searching for replacements for some of our teflon pans. Went with ceramic because of concerns over the copper. And the copper stuff we saw that was cheap had very mixed reviews online.

Thanks Jim. I knew someone else had been thinking bout this. I think I'll stick with my current cookware. It's been doing great, so no real need to change things up.

Pam in cinti

I picked up a few of the copper colored frying pans to replace some older teflon pans that were scratched really bad. They were inexpensive and feel cheap, nothing like my all clad but hell they were $20.00. Good for making omelets And nothing seems to stick

My wife bought one and loves it. Me, I'm not sure it is copper. Wrong color, doesn't tarnish. My guess is copper in the name is just a sales gimmick.

Mom bouht these...she is quite the cook. She said she would not be buying any more...did not mention why, but she did not like them.

Not sure what pans you all are talking about but I've got some heavy copper ones which are lined with tin (?). Very nice and every so often i polish the inside (tin not copper) with very very fine steel wool. Prolly had the pans for 10+ years and i've never polished the copper outside. Very patina'd and nice.

cheers!
-jb

A local TV channel did a review on them and it wasn't good, they clam it did not live up to the standards that were advertised.

I only use stainless steel and some cast iron. I haven't cooked anything that I wished I had a Teflon coated pan for.

No matter what you use, there's a learning process involved. If you want a no-fuss/no-muss kitchen, look for a replicator:) Most will have to agree with Julie ,,,, S/S and cast iron are hard to beat once you learn how to use them.

I would love to find a replicator! Hubby would be so proud.

I do have a very nice stainless steel set, and a few excaliber nonstick stainless that I've used for years. I also have some cast iron, but every now and then hubby decided to cook me breakfast and they have caused him so many problems he just stopped using them. He cleaned them too well before cooking since they looked dirty to him. You know what happens when you use lots of soap on cast iron.

Still, I love those breakfast in bed moments.

Pam in cinti

A local TV channel did a review on them and it wasn't good, they clam it did not live up to the standards that were advertised.

I only use stainless steel and some cast iron. I haven't cooked anything that I wished I had a Teflon coated pan for.

I also agree with Julie. Stainless steel and cast iron are the best. Take a look at the professionals on TV and see what they are using. We have a Wolfgang Puck SS set and we love it. I also have a well seasoned cast iron skillet that I use for specific dishes and it is close to 100 years old.

Latest posts

Back