Spraying vines with nets on

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havlikn

Reaction score
Do I need to do anything different when spraying vines after I have put nets on. When I spray now the vines blow around and it ensures the tops and bottoms of leaves are covered. I don't see how that is going to work with the nets covering. Those with experience please let me know your insights. Thanks in advance

I've done it once. I found I had to push the wand in and work harder to get good coverage. More work but it can be done. With a backpack sprayer it is a ton of work!

We start netting this weekend and I still have one more spray to do, so I'm using a small tank sprayer now that generates 100 psi. It covers much better than the backpack.

You're right, it will be difficult to spray effectively once those nets are on. If you can finish your spraying before veraison that would be ideal.

I would assume you placed the nets on as soon as veraison started. as many spray chemicals have days to harvest cutoff dates, I would think that once the nets are in place you are at or fast approaching the days to harvest cutoff for spraying. ergo no need to worry about.

Latest posts

Back