Sparkolloid + Pectic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savaytse66

Junior
Reaction score
I just added an f-pac yesterday to a batch of Apple Wine that I had already fined, and now the wine is very hazy, as expected. The f-pac was made by reducing 2 gallons of apple cider down to 4 cups, which I then added to 9 gallons of wine. I had every intention of treating the cider with pectic enzyme before reducing, but I just forgot.

Since the wine is now very cloudy, I was going to fine again with Sparkolloid. While I'm at it, I was thinking of adding some more pectic enzyme too since some of the cloudiness is surely pectin haze. Is there any downside to adding both at the same time? Can I mix the pectic with the Sparkolloid in the pan before adding it to the wine? Or...would I be better off adding one, let it do its work, then add the other?

go ahead.the pectic will drop out like Sparkolloid

You could add pectic enzyme or give the wine a week or two, it may clear on it's own. If the lader is the case you would have a small amount of sediment on the bottom, actually more like a film.

Either way will work.

Latest posts

Back