Sparklloid in a 1 gallon batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neviawen

Reaction score
I was wondering... The directions for Sparklloid is to dissolve 1 tbsp in 1 cup boiling water and boil for 5 minutes, then add to 6 gallon batch of wine.

What if I had a 1 gallon batch of wine I wanted to clear? Could I use 1/2 tsp of Sparklloid and 1/2 of a 1/3 measuring cup of water (that would make it 1/6th of a cup). Or would you just recommend using the whole 1 tbsp/1cup measurement for a 1 gallon batch?
Anyone try this?

Kate

I went through this last week, made the full cup according to the directions, then just added a little less than a 1/4 cup to the gallon and chucked the rest. Wasteful but I was erring on the side of caution. I went that route because I wasn't sure 1/6th of a cup water would survive cooking for 5 minutes. I definitely wouldn't use the whole cup, I couldn't believe how much sediment this stuff produced.

If you don't mind the water in it you could do the recommended water amount and then just the 1/2 tsp of sparkolloid. But I would reduce the water some atleast myself, maybe half the recommended amount.

Latest posts

Back