small production winery location?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus no state taxes in Texas, low cost for land, long growing season, etc. There are lots of wineries and vineyards there making it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

They need many new producers here in Texas. I'm buying land to supply few wineries.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Do they only use grapes grown from their vineyards in Ga? Do you remember the name?

Not sure, its been a few years and a billion dead yeast cells since I was there. I do remember that there were only a handful of wineries and the winrs were very good. I actually sent a bottle of their Cab to my sister in law in San Francisco, thsts how much I liked it!

If you have the resource to get there ( only 2 hours from Atlanta), you will enjoy the mountains.

Ya. The high plains are low in disease. I have the chart of the state from them. The more east you go the worst it is. But north west is great

Hi West End, Just now reading this thread and I really have nothing to offer except to suggest that you might consider thinking outside the box. I have no idea about local laws and regulations but if you are interested in making a very small amount of wine perhaps you might consider creating a very small winery that offers fermenters and crushers and the like to folk who might be interested in making wines and beers in YOUR winery but who do not have their own space to store carboys and the like. If people knew that they could depend on both your equipment and your expertise and so if they paid for their raw materials and rented your equipment and you supervised their endeavors you might find that you had the opportunity to make your wine and have other folk "pay" for it while providing those people with real value added...

I am just beginning this journey of establishing a winery in western PA. I have turned in my TTB paperwork and am working on the PA LCB paperwork (which is where the money gets laid out). I intend to initially start in the basement, then expand when the business can support the expansion. I was approached by a farmer's market to establish the winery and sell the wine there. They already have an established business and have customer entering the business. Initially, I will piggy back off of their business. I will keep my production to around 300 cases for the first year. I am purchasing used tanks and hoping finance with existing funds and income. I will source from NW PA and NY for my juice. I intend on working this for next 7 years and then step out of my regular job and into the winery (having had 7 years to build a clientelle).

I am just beginning this journey of establishing a winery in western PA. I have turned in my TTB paperwork and am working on the PA LCB paperwork (which is where the money gets laid out). I intend to initially start in the basement, then expand when the business can support the expansion. I was approached by a farmer's market to establish the winery and sell the wine there. They already have an established business and have customer entering the business. Initially, I will piggy back off of their business. I will keep my production to around 300 cases for the first year. I am purchasing used tanks and hoping finance with existing funds and income. I will source from NW PA and NY for my juice. I intend on working this for next 7 years and then step out of my regular job and into the winery (having had 7 years to build a clientelle).

Sounds like a good plan. I been dealing with my vineyard in argentina. Mixing in the laws and regulation from foreign countries to the state laws and distribution. My Malbec had it's first harvest and out of the 5 acres kept only two barrels worth for my self. I sell the rest of the grapes to the local wineries. The yield will increase in the next two harvests.

That sound great!!!!

Latest posts

Back