Skydiving

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO Planes aren't meant to be jumped out of. Unless maybe both wings have fallen off then WTH might as well and aim for water.

Cheers!
-johann

I jumped back in high school...45 years ago. Went to a Jump School, cost 55 bucks and you got three static line jumps. The "school" consisted of standing on top of a table and jumping onto a dirty mattress with your knees bent. Jerry, the pilot/instructor's breath smelled of whiskey and the yellow Piper airplane really was held together with duct tape and bailing wire.

When I said I jumped, that was a little misleading. I actually fell off of the wing strut trying to get back in the damn plane. Texas is a huge place with lots of open ground. Imagine my surprise at narrowly missing landing on top of a bob wire fence, but I did find a prickly pear cactus. I did not crap my pants.....but only because I was puckered up so tight!

Jerry still owes me two jumps. I just ain't found the time to go collect the debt. It all worked out. Later on in the Army when those Airborne Ranger guys came around looking for fresh meat....I KNEW I wasn't gonna jump out of another damn plane!!

Your experience reminds me of the skydiving scene from the movie Fandango. :)

my first jump

dangit. can't post photo. It is a picture of a soldier being kicked out of a helicopter! oh well

Last edited:
my first jump

dangit. can't post photo. It is a picture of a soldier being kicked out of a helicopter! oh well

421st Med Co., Air Ambulance .....we rappelled out of helicopters back in the day, that did not bother me, I had a hold on that rope and knew I could hang on. That was actually fun. We still bitched about it, but that's what you do in the Army!

Latest posts

Back