Mosti Mondiale Siligel dried out?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milwood

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been in the process of making a Vinifera Noble Zinfandel Blush and when I went to add the clarifiers, the Siligel packet was all dried out. The Liquigel was fine but the Siligel looked like salt. I know that with my only previous MM kit this was not the case. I'm hoping that the water in the wine will re-constitute the Siligel and it will work but I'm not sure and it could just be wishful thinking. Has anyone ever seen this and if so, do you think this will turn out ok?

You could PM George if you bought this kit from him or talk to the place where you bought this kit from and they will give you another packet or you could buy a packet of SuperKleer KC. I wouldnt add only 1 packet as that fining agent is made to work together with the other packet. You could also not use anything and let the wine clear by itself if you want to wait it out but it will take more time.

I had two of those dried silgel packets with kits last year. George fixed one by sending a new one and the other was solved by a loan of a SuperKleer packet.
Wade's advice is right on the money as usual. Have a good 4th! Edited by: Jack on Rainy

Back