shrink sapsules

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

touchtoomuch

Reaction score
I was looking in the online catalog and am a little confused about shrink capsules. Some say they are large. Does this mean bigger in width or height. I cant imagine they would be bigger around. Just want to make sure before I go to order and find out when i get them that they wont work.

Randy

Width indeed. Some bottles do have a wider lip to them, I find some of the commercial Pinot Noirs around here are wider / thicker at the lip and need the large capsules.They kindof look like Champagne bottles, but you know there not.Otherwise the standard capsules will fit most all other bottles. Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Randy, I was confused by that too. Some seem to be longer which I like. Looks more elegant. I'm still not sure which one is for what.

Randy.....Welcome to Our Forum!!!

Ramona

I just bottled and capped my Sangiovese and used black shrink caps which I found were significantly bigger wider than what I normally used. They shrank up fine, but they were a bit bigger than I was used to.

I am uncertain why they are available that way. My LHBS has always noticed and informed me that I was picking the larger ones and I always changed back. This particular time, it got by them.

Salute!

Like JW said, there are some bottles that are just wider at the top and they are typically Pinot but have seen them on Chardonnay also. Sometimes you can just squeeze the capsules on them but require some finesse and strength to do so and sometimes trying to get the smaller ones on them splits the capsule down the side so thats what the bigger ones are for.

Latest posts

Back