Showcase Rosso Fortisimo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuziwk

Reaction score
Did anyone notice a strange aroma from this wine? It translates into a different taste...sort of like a floral syrup type taste...perhaps this is the complex cassis they mention in the description. Its been aging since October of last year so I'm sure it could use more time, I'm actually really enjoying the complexity and different flavor and aroma but the wife is not a fan.

Did anyone notice a strange aroma from this wine? It translates into a different taste...sort of like a floral syrup type taste...perhaps this is the complex cassis they mention in the description. Its been aging since October of last year so I'm sure it could use more time, I'm actually really enjoying the complexity and different flavor and aroma but the wife is not a fan.
This is one of the few Showcase kits we've yet to try. Definitely needs more time, keep us posted on how it ages.

This is one of the few Showcase kits we've yet to try. Definitely needs more time, keep us posted on how it ages.
Yup for sure, I'm aging in the bottles however V2 Rosso will be tweaked with additional cellaring tannin complex to balance the fruit a bit. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel even the grape skin kits lack tannin.

Latest posts

Back