WineXpert Shelf LIfe of Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laneygirl

Reaction score
Ibought one of WE Limited Edition kits in August and made it right away and am getting close to the point to bottle it. Is there a shelf life of wine kits? Is there a downside to ordering the Limited Edition or any kit after it's been on shelf or in store for 8+ months?
It seems like since it's sterile juice that it wouldn't be much of a downside, but am assuming that like any packaged food/juice that it is better when it's fresh off the line, so to speak.

I don't know how longa shelf life kits have. I know that because of my divorce, I had a VR Chardonnay sitting in my wine room for over a year and one half since the date of manufacture (on the coding of the label) and a year after my purchase. The kit came out fine.

Winexpert warranties their kits for one year from date of manufacture and kits will last up to 18-24 months if stored properly.

Winexpert Date Code:

It will read something like this: 04 320 07 123

04 = 4th kit run of the production day

320 = 320th day of the calendar year, in this case that's um, October 15th-ish.

07 = 2007

123 = number of kit position in the run, i.e., 123rd out of about 600.

RJ Spagnols Date Code:

They use the yyyymmdd format: 20070412 is April 12 2007
Edited by: masta

Cool...I like having the decoder ring. I wish I had it for the Cellar Craft kits...I think I'll send them an e-mail to ask.

I bought George's last WE Limited Edition kit at Winestock. I'm not planning to start it probably until January due to all the other kits I bought at the same time. Since George had it in his store from when it was young until I bought it, and I have had it since then, I know it has not been sitting in a warehouse at 100F, so I'm not concerned.

I dunno Peter. The day or two before Winestock, George's AC was out and we were all sweating like pigs. Scott/Masta got a good sample of Texas heat and humidity. You might want to unload that Limited Edition. I'd be generous enough to take it off your hands and attempt to save that Grenache Mouvedre. I'm just that type of guy.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back