self pollinating vs bee pollinating?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsxdragon

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting some cherry, plum, and peach trees either from arbor day or a local place. does anyone have any thought or advice on self pollinating or buying 2 of each? i have 2 pear, 2 apple, 3 bluberry bushes, strawberry patch, and 2 apple trees (one of which is one it's last... legs?) and access to wild grapes and crab apples... so insects/animals are plentiful to pollinate... also how hard is it to actually grow elderberry bushes?

I am not sure about the plum or peach trees, but the cherry and the apple should have another cherry or apple tree for cross pollination. That is not saying they would not produce fruit but they would produce more and better fruit if cross pollinated.

I know we dont put bees on any fruits other than strawberries and blueberries.

well since i dont have the required amount of posts needed to put links to the trees the types i was looking at were:
Golden jubilee peach
Damson Plum
Early Richmond Cherry
does anyone have any experience with these types? or any further reading to help me decide
Thanks,
Dan

Latest posts

Back