WineXpert Second newbie question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyd

Junior
Reaction score
Thanks for your answers to my previous question about lids. New question- I am at day 3 of primary fermentation, 70 degrees, starting SG was 1.09 on a Selection Estate Cab/Merlot kit. My fermentation seems quite slow, I saw a picture on here of a vat with large bubbling liquid- mine just has a small cap of crud on top, and is making a small fizzy sound- but no big bubbles- is this ok?? Thanks

Sounds normal. Follow the instructions and you won't go wrong. Yours is a little slower maybe because of the temp. No problem.

SGmeasurements are always expressed 3 digits to the right of the decimal, as in SG 1.090.

I agree it sounds perfect...fizzing is a good thing with CO2 being released from fermentation. I ferment everything wine,beer,mead at 70 degrees so I would suggest to test SG after 6 full days to see if you at the target of 1.010 to rack to secondary 6 gallon carboy.

thanks guys, that picture of the bubblin' cauldron spooked me (looked like witches brew LOL)

Latest posts

Back