SCOTTY & FRIENDS GREAT SMOKEOUT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I drove down to Lake Degray yesterday morning to break bread with Scotty and his friends who were doing their annual cookout/campout.
Ozark Paul had built a special spit to roast a whole hog on and when I arrived, all dressed in my hillbilly attire, it was well on its way to being ready for a feast

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

It was then on down to Daryl's campground where a hearty breakfast of dutch oven biscuits, pan fried bacon, scrambled eggs, apricot preserves and coffee was awaiting me to get my morning kicked off.

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

As I was finishing this gourmet breakfast I heard a rustling in the bushes and turned to see what kind of critter was about to invade the cammpsite..It was Rocky, she had apparently smelled the bacon frying from up at Pauls campground and headed on down to join us.

IMG_4035.jpg

After breakfast, I headed back up to Ozark Pauls where Scotty was overlooking the roasting of the pig. Got a quick snapshot of scotty

IMG_4036.jpg

Sat and chewed the fat for a spell, received a bottle of scottys Itilian Style Liquer and had to head on back home.

IMG_4037.jpg

I hope you stayed for eating the hog!
I did notice the only thing I saw was a can of BEER. What no wine drinkers? LOL !

Looks like a good time Waldo - hope you had fun - - -

how was the pig?

Man you left with all that cooking!!!!!!!! I would have put out that fire with all my droooooooolllllling!!!
smiley36.gif

tepe said:
I hope you stayed for eating the hog!
I did notice the only thing I saw was a can of BEER. What no wine drinkers? LOL !

Did not get to stay long enough to enjoy the "feast of the beast" tepe
and when the pictures were taken it was a bit early for the wines to be flowing. They were there though.
By the way........A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!

OK...Visualize this. The sun is setting slowly on the horizon, a cool crisp autum breeze is rippling the water across the lake as the Bald Eagle slowly and gracefully wings his way back to his nest among the dead timber standing in the back of the pocket. The crackle of the fire in the fire pit intensifies as another log is added. The clink of wine glasses breaks the silence of this glorious moment in time as all the forum members in attendance at the campout toast one another for being a part of this unforgettable gathering of friends.
smiley4.gif

Some things pictures can't do justice. I'm glad you all had such a terrific gathering. Friends are the BEST (especially friends who cook and make alcohol).

Our anual gathering at lake de gray ARKANSASwould not be complete without a visit from Waldo.
i keep dreaming that some of the fine vine wines group would make an anualgathering of the FVW group at the same time and place.

AND BY THE WAY

That waldo sucked us all in with a home made duck call trick.----laqst year it was his turkey call...lol lol

This actually is Scotty posting under my name. He forgot to login under his own name.

Glad to see ya there again Waldo
And yes there was an assortment of wine there
Plus other libations
smiley32.gif

All in all good food, good friends, good times
Paul

Thanks to all scottys bunch for their hospitality and welcming me to their event. I promise scotty..no football games next year. Im gonna be there for the long haul buddy so clear out a spot at the table and gimme some elbow room

We are going to push it one week later in september last weekend 27th on into the beginning of october--some of us are making reservations a year in advance so we can camp closer together.

i hope you and other can get down in 2010
smiley1.gif

i was stunned by your outfit waldo- i stayed in arkansas a few days just the next town over from benton but i had a bloddy cough so i didnt contact you--btw we are home now.

here duckyy ducky ducky !@#$^%$#@ lol lol
smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
How did the peach cobbler go down scotty?
smiley4.gif

The peach cobbler was wonderful, as I knew it would be. Everyone loved it and we shared it with whomever came along. It didn't stay around long.

Thanks so much for the cobbler and your delicious wine, Waldo. Hope that next year you can stay around longer. We all enjoy your company.

Latest posts

Back