WineXpert Sauv Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone for all the help in this addicting hobby,just purchased my first kit, WE Selection Premium Sauvignon Blanc and customized the starter equipment kit. Man this better turn out or lights out from my accountant / wife.
Will keep you posted on the progress.

If you and her like wine then youll be making many more. White wines are a better first choice as they are ready to drink much faster then reds and in my opinion produce product that is less as risky. Reds seem to differ from commercial much more then whites do. In other words, some people have a much stronger sense of taste and can detect what is called KT(Kit Taste) which is a slightly sweet taste even when a wine is as dry as can be.

Scott, great choice on a first kit. At the last Winestock I tasted this kit and it was very, very good. As long as you follow stringent cleaning and sanitation procedures and don't over analyze everything, you should have a very good wine. Another thing to remember. It will take a while longer than the directions and PR literature state to get the full potential from the wine. Expect around a year or a tad more for it to reach it's prime. It will be quite drinkable before then but you "may" pick up detractors here and there but in the long run, the WE Selection kits come out quite nice. I have been making wine for a while now and am really just now truly enjoying the fruits of my labors. I have a few reds that are over 2 years and a few over 3 years in age that are as good as any commercials you would buy at the store. Good luck.

Scott, great selection for a first wine kit. As Smurfe stated, follow the directions for the kit, clean and sanitize, and you will have a wonderful wine in a few months.
smiley4.gif

I made this kit and it's very good. Comparable to commercial California Sauv Blanc. But please wait atleast 3 months after bottling before tasting. I gave mine 6 months.

If you like New Zealand style Sauv Blanc, the Estate series NZ Sauv Blanc is excellent (but expensive). I can't explain taste differences but it's very different than the Calif style.

For a less expensive wine that's good and in the Sauv Blanc style, you might want to consider the 10L World Vineyards Trinity White. I needed an early drinker so I tried that one and was very pleased with it.

Thanks for the info everyone, I will try the NZ and Cal to compare. Wait 3 months ,6 months 1-2 years holy moly, reason to buy wine to tide over, and for the bottles.

20080929_085005_DSCN0716.JPG

Just bottled the Sauv Blanc also a nice color as well as the dandelion and tasted fine, now the waiting game.

The floor corker was the best purchase, I only got to do 1 of about 50 some bottles, my wife took over the duty
smiley1.gif

I need some tips! How did you trick your wife into doing the work! I thought that I had a bottle washer but she quit after the first bottle.

Scott, that looks fantastic
smiley32.gif
I prefer white and have not tried that one yet, maybe it will be on my next order. I get a lot of lifting help from my husband but he likes to use the floor corker too. Nice to have a helpful spouse. Enjoy that wine, it will be worth the wait

Rocky Top I also get the pleasure of washing and de-labeling the bottles. I think it helped when I said we could go out for our anniversary dinner as soon as I get these bottled
smiley2.gif
. It was a breeze with the floor corker but when capping some beer bottles she left that to me.

By the way she has already asked if she can give some bottles away for Christmas presents, sounds to me like justification to make more.

Thanks for everyones help and guidance.

My wife likes to do the corking also. Those floor corkers work slick! Your wine looks terrific.

That just goes to show that the kits can be made by anyone, just follow directions. 1st time with a kit, I still go and look at the bottles in aww, hopefully that feeling stays.

uav nice funky picture on your post
smiley14.gif

moose just how far northern are you?

Latest posts

Back