Cellar Craft Rosso Fortisimo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, yesterday I had a little brain-lock. The Rosso has been in secondary for 12 days, so I decided to proceed with fining and degassing. I had a little taste, too. "This stuff is going to be awesome!", I thought. I vacuum racked the wine, while reading the instructions for adding the fining agents. They said to add the kieselsol, stir, wait 1 hour, add the chitosan, stir, wait three hours, then stir again. Shrugging (whatever), I started to do as they said. I stirred in the kieselsol and shuffled off to wait. I watched a movie with my wife, drank some wine, played some video games, drank some more wine, took a shower, had a snack, got sleepy and went to bed. I got up this morning, and while driving to work, I thought, "Sh*t! I forgot all about the Rooso! Ugh!"

As a firefighter, I work a 24 hour shift. I won't be home until tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if that will be an issue with the clearing agents? Now, I know there are those of you who never use agents or chemicals in their wines, and while I appreciate your opinions very much, I am not one of you. I wanted to follow the instruction as closely as possible, so this wine would turn out as the manufacturer intended. Should I just proceed with the instructions after I get home, or would it be better to have Johnna add the kieselsol in today? My guess is that it really won't make much difference, but I thought I'd share my goof with you all (just for laughs), and see if anyone thinks there might be an issue here.

:slp

It should be fine, I would think. The purpose in waiting between additions is that each product acts independently and needs time to do its thing. I don't anticipate a problem with waiting longer than minimum time listed.

Latest posts

Back