Rkatsiteli Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
Doing a crazy label for this white wine.

20110131_185410_rkat.jpg

Since this is a very different white wine, I decided to make it mysterious. This is
from the Russian break-up country of Georgia. Some of us will remember Marie LaVough from the song of the 60's. She was the mysterious swamp woman. So, this is our rendition of 'our' Marie holding her rooster. It will be printed in only black ink - - - - making different wine labels and ideas is part of the fun for me.

Have lots of this wine to bottle. 8 cases for Oakhill Lane Cellars and 8 cases for Hill House Vineyards so gotta get this going. Don't know what Steve is doing for his share.

Hope you enjoy!

rrawhide

If the wine is half as good as the label you got yourself a winner

Some people will buy a wine just because of the label, this would sell!! And you get a great wine to boot. Nice work

Well here is the finished product

Our little labeling and capsuling bench.
20110202_160628_IMG_0580.JPG

made a jig with tape at different levels to keep labels all the same
depending on the style of bottles used
20110202_160655_IMG_0582.JPG

case done

20110202_160720_IMG_0583.JPG

I will label 15 cases total and have 6 done at this time. Just sit, listen to music
and label label label.

Relaxing time.

rrawhide

Nice relaxing set up there Rick. Its nice when I have a second person corking, I let them put on all the labels and capsules and it takes about that long for me to clean up from bottling and filtering.

Latest posts

Back