RJ Spagnols RJS Grand Cru Intl Primitivo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadarLuv

Reaction score
Looking for an early drinker? This is the one.

Started making kits November 1st of 2008 and after the 2 I started today, the total is 29 to date. Got to front load if I want to drink two year old wine, right?

Started the RJS Grand Cru Primitivo ($79) on 4/15/09. This kit is 12l and has the dried grape skins. Finished at 12.8% ABV. Added 3 oz Hungarian oak cubes on 5/27 and bottled on 7/10.

There is such a huge difference between this and the other kit (WE Mezza Luna Red) I started as early drinkers. I have enjoyed 9 bottles thus far and at 190 days since starting, it is wonderful. The body is full and the balance is excellent at this point. I think the skins and the added oak make a big difference.

I started another Primitivo on 10/7/09, not as an eary drinker, just because it is a very enjoyable bottle of wine.

smiley32.gif

Glad to hear you love it!

RJS wins more awards at the winemaker mag contest than any other brand.

My wife is a red wine drinker and we have found the Grand Cru International kits to be VERY good for the money (I keg these and keep two on tap) and have stopped making the lower end kits, but she still loves the Winery Series Super Tuscan the best.

I have this kit on deck for a friend. He bought the kit, I will make it, he gets 20 bottles, I get 10. Radar, what toast did you use on the Hungarian oak?

Back