Rhubarb Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, and I thought PWP was Master and Teacher and would be delighted, to show "grasshopper" what a good rhubarb should taste like.
smiley19.gif
I am forlorn, crushed, and know not where to turn now that PWP has shunned her most ardent admirer when it comes to rhubarbwine making.

OilnH20; I just pitched the yeast into the lilac. I will rack upon my return from VT and unlike my mentor and princes of rhubarb I'd be glad to swap bottles and get an expert opinion on my first scratch wine made from the blossoms of the beautiful lilac bushes around my humble abode. I'd even send PWP a split so that I may suplicate myself at the master's feet begging her majesties approval.
smiley15.gif

Wow, did I say all that??

I believe under the circumstances one might want to wear chest waders!!
smiley5.gif

And a bib! Sounds like you may have been sampling some fruits of your labor
smiley36.gif
!

PWP,

I'm so glad your rhubarb wine is good. I picked and cut up 26 lbs of rhubarb last week, it is in the freezer waiting for me to get my house back in order (remodeling
smiley4.gif
has really taken its toll on my wine making
smiley19.gif
). I hope my rhubarb turns out as good as yours, it will be my first scratch wine.

Best of luck to you on that first scratch wine! It's a bit more labor intensive, but well worth the efforts. The thing I love about rhubarb wine up here is the price of the fruit!

I like the price here too. My mom has about 50 plants growing behind here house. I transplanted some this year and they seem to be growning okay, maybe in a couple of years I will have enough here at my house to make my wine.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back