Rhubarb Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boyd

Reaction score
Picture of 5 gallons of frozen rhubarb juice before scraping.

I removed approx 1 inch of the top. Tested .4% but my solutuion was over a year old. Have to recheck when I can pick up more.

The second picture is of acid spilled on the concrete.

That acid appears to have some zip!!

Added 2 large cans of Doles Peach from Sams Club and it is fermenting.

DSC05418.jpg

DSC05419.jpg

Last edited:
Its worth it in the end!Q I finally just bottled my Rhubarb on Sunday and I must say I love it! I first tried it at a local vineyard an d it was ok but then I tried Runningwolfs and I loved that so I bought a bucket from Walkers Fruit farm in NY and man is this stuff good! I lightly sweetened it as it tasted pretty good dry but just a little sweetening made it excellent!

Last years rhubarb is long gone except for 2 bottles that are going to set aside to see if they age.

I have about 3 gallons of rhubarb/Dole peach in a carboy ready to bottle in a month or so.

Needed to use bentonite and sparkolloid to get it to clear.

THAT IS AWESOME !!!!!!!

I wish we lived close to a place that sold buckets of juice like that!

Walkers fruit farm will ship these hot packed 5 gallon buckets, thats what I did! Hot packed means sulfited and sealed just so you know so it wont ferment.

I looked on their website and there didn't seem to be a way to order online. so I figured they didn't ship. do you have to call them?

THAT IS AWESOME !!!!!!!

I wish we lived close to a place that sold buckets of juice like that!

That bucket of juice started out as raw rhubarb picked at my brother at law's farm, chopped, frozen, pressed and then re-frozen.

With the 2 cans of Doles peaches I have a little over 7 gallons perking in the root cellar in a 71/2 gallon carboy.

it is in a 7 1/2 gallon carboy now.

Took a picture this evening of the rhubarb/peach.

The carboys to the right are about 13 gallons, elderberry and blueberry

DSC05457.jpg

Latest posts

Back