Reused grape packs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcalli1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried reusing the grapes from a high end kit? After the primary was finished on my RJS Super Tuscan, I put the used grape skins and seeds in a ziplock bag and stuck them in the freezer to see if I can use them again on a kit without skins to improve its quality. Has anyone else done that. Does it work?

I have done this but without a control group wine, its hard to say if it made that much difference.

I just gave a friend my used frozen winery series carmenere skins to add to his selections Cab Sauv Kit. As it happens another friend bought the same kit and he will be doing his without any skins. So this will be a chance to see if there is any difference. It may take a few months before they bottle but I will try and remember to post the results of a taste test for you.

Cheers

I believe this method is used in making some of the variants of valipocello (sp) the wines of the veneto, it works for them. Should word for you.

Valpolicella Ripasso is a form of Valpolicella Superiore made with partially dried grape skins that have been left over from fermentation of Amarone or recioto.

Let us know how it turns out.. Cheers

Putterrr and ShawnD, thanks for your replies. Putterrr, I'll be watching for the results from what you're following. ShawnD, I'll do a post when I try it. Merry Christmas to you both.

Latest posts

Back