Restarting Fermentation after Sulfite

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatmia

Junior
Reaction score
My Pecorino Pinot Grigo ended up with a stuck fermentation with an ending FG of 1.008. I did try some EC-1118 to help move it along, but eventually gave up and racked with sulfite at the end of May as I was worried about oxidation, especially after having a brew belt on for probably too long trying to see if a raised temperature would help.

I just took a taste and this is going to be too sweet for me. I was really hoping for something at least under .998. Has anyone tried to ferment again after adding sulfite, maybe with a good starter or should I just accept that this will be a sweeter wine?

My Pecorino Pinot Grigo ended up with a stuck fermentation with an ending FG of 1.008. I did try some EC-1118 to help move it along, but eventually gave up and racked with sulfite at the end of May as I was worried about oxidation, especially after having a brew belt on for probably too long trying to see if a raised temperature would help.

I just took a taste and this is going to be too sweet for me. I was really hoping for something at least under .998. Has anyone tried to ferment again after adding sulfite, maybe with a good starter or should I just accept that this will be a sweeter wine?
Blend it with something really dry?

Back