Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
20080802_160450_100_0744_Small.jpg

Tried a glass of the Amarone I made last November, bottled December....let me tell ya..This one is Awesome! What an initial attack it has, followed by some of the best fruity aftertaste going! Alc balanced just right, cant find anything to complain about on this one! So happy to know I have about 25 more of these (have given a few away) plus 30 of the Meglioli! Cant wait to compare the two side by side, will be hard to leave this one alone!

JW this is the one I made into a port that I find really good. The Renaissance Amarone is the base, alc boosted with extra chaptalizations, chocolate flavorings and blackberry brandy. It was so good while making the kit that I was tempted to leave it as is, but went ahead and made it into the flavored port. Either way this is one astounding kit everyone should make two of and squirrel one away for two or three years!

I remember that thread Appleman, and initially questioned why you would use this one. NOW I KNOW. What an excellent Port that must be! You can bet im squirreling a few back on this one.

This is what makes me love doing this when people love the end result.
smiley20.gif

We are getting tremendous positive feedback on the entire Renaissance line. The Old Vine Cab and Valpolicella seem to be piqueing a lot of curiousity, but they are all starting to move rather well. Will be placing another order with MM this week. I am out of 12 kits, which is unusual for me when you consider I stock 900 wine kits at a time.

By the way, if you think the Renaissance Amarone is good, just wait until you taste the Meg.

Was lucky enough to have a nice chat on Saturday with the Mosti rep at my local wine store's grand reopening who stated that Renaissance kits will make a $20-25CDN commercial bottle and the Masters Edition a $40CDN bottle under perfect cellaring condition. The store was sold out at the sale price of the Masters Outback Shiraz kits but the rep granted me the sale price for two of them and would include those in the stores next order. Felt like a kid in the candy store...

</span>After much discussion w</span>ithin the Renaissance line Amarone and Barolo were his favorite kits and sell the most. They were the first two kits in this line and based on their huge success Mosti expanded the lineup. He really thought I would be impressed with a quality Barolo once I tried it. So picked up the Renaissance kit even though he praised the amazing quality in the Barolo Masters Edition. Have a Renaissance Amarone three months old anticipate trying it out soon.

After this experience we had to try my six month old </span>Renaissance Cab/Shiraz which is pleasantly drinkable now although still a bit green it will improve. So far am impressed with my first </span>Renaissance kit tasting and would agree these kits can be consumed after six months bottle aging. </span>

</span> </span>

Sorry do not remember the rep's name but he was very helpful to me. It was extremely busy in the store that day and he gave me his total attention. Bought more kits than I would have if he was not there.

Back